[ic] Shipping Questions

Ron Phipps interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 23:44:00 2001

> I want to configure the shipping to accommodate options like 'E-Mail
> Delivery' at no charge.  Any insight as to how I can do this would be
> appreciated... I've tried adding shipping options, but it doesn't seem to
be
> working.

So what they have purchased will be emailed to them?  Can all the items in
your store be emailed to them?  I've never used the UI to add shipping modes
however you can check out shipping.asc and country.txt (this binds the
different shipping modes to different countries, you'd put the code that
corresponds to your shipping formula on each country line, in this case
'email').  You should be able to create a shipping line in shipping.asc that
looks something like:

email Email        weight  0       0       f 0

This would then allow them to select 'Email' in the dropdown and no charge
would be added for shipping.  Take a look at those two files and make sure
to keep the tabs in between each field.  You should be able to take it from
there.  Good luck!

-Ron