[ic] Interchange: CGI internal errors!

Scott Fletcher interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 3 15:11:00 2001

Yea, I noticed the query string did not show up and instead.  The other URL
path showed up instead.  Here's the error_log as result of cgi internal
error.  This is from Apache's error_log file.  From the look of the
error_log, to me, it showed that script can't be executed with the missing
query string.

---------
Use of uninitialized value at /home/interchange/www/cgi-bin/example2.cgi
line 146.
ok= def: 1 connect: Connection refused
[Tue Jul  3 09:40:56 2001] [error] [client 63.219.223.43] Premature end of
script headers: /home/interchange/www/cgi-bin/example2.cgi
---------

Thanks,
 Scott F.
-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Cook [mailto:kyle@invisio.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 2:46 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: RE: [ic] Interchange: CGI internal errors!

At 11:14 AM 7/3/01, you wrote:
>Alright!  I'll tell you what!  Go to this website that I'm having trouble
>with.
>
>         "http://intertest.abcoa.net/example2"
>         or
>         "http://intertest.abcoa.net/example2/index.html"
>
>There, you'll see the construct demo.  You'll also notice the 2 hyperlink,
>one for customer and the other for the admin.  Click on either one of them
>two and you'll then go to the next page and you'll find an CGI Internal
>Error message.  Then take a look at the full URL address at the top of the
>browser.  In this case, for the Admin account, you'll find that
>"/admin/index.html" that come after
>"http://intertest.abcoa.net/cgi-bin/example2.cgi".  So, something is wrong
>with the hyperlink because it doesn't work that way.  What work is if you
>have hte "?id=something" that come after the cgi and it should work.
>
>Does that help to give you a better idea of what is wrong and how to fix
it?

>Thanks,
>  Scott

Scott,

Look at the documentation, especially:

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icintro_8.html

which shows an example url.

Also notice above link is running IC and the 'ic' is equivelent to
your 'example.cgi' followed by a path to the page being requested,
the typical '?something=foobar' query string is NOT used in IC
in the normal sense (again covered in the docs)

Best bet at this time is to gather error log information from IC
and Apache and review/post it.

It maybe something to do with your permissions, but need more info.

Kyle