[ic] Installing interchange on a Solaris 8 box

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 3 16:14:00 2001

At 11:59 AM 7/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>To all..
>
>Installing interchange on my Solaris 8 Intel box has been a night mare.
>Since I have installed perl 5.6.1 I have had no problems installing
>interchanges, but I can't seem to get any db to work with it. I have tried
>to install Berlekey_db and MySql, but for some reason it will not install
>properly. Would anyone out there have any suggestion on how to install
>mysql, or db??? Iam trying to find out what needs to be installed before I
>install any of these date base programs..
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Larry

Postgresql is now officially supported by Sun for Solaris 8 (solaris 9 beta
coming this summer, BTW).  You should be able to download the Postgresql
tarball and compile it on your box.  (http://www.postgresql.org).

I highly recommend that you join a Mysql or PostgreSQL mailing list.  The
MySQL and postgresql lists are great, you'll probably get a response if you
post there.  The address is something like:

mysql-subscribe@lists.mysql.com

And three great pgsql lists can be subscribed from:

pgsql-general-request@postgresql.org
pgsql-admin-request@postgresql.org
pgsql-newbie-request@postgresql.org

I hope that helps,