[ic] set variable using Javascript???

Jeff Carnahan interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 3 16:19:00 2001

} I am working on a site that has a dhtml menu. We have three versions
} of the navigation and when someone first comes to the site we
} redirect them to an index page which sets a menutype variable.
}
} The problems is if someone come to the site directly to a page other
} than the index this variable never gets set. Detecting which browser
} they have is no problem but can I set a variable using javascript?
}

No. Javascript is executed (typically) AFTER the page has been delivered to
the user's browser. So, once the page has reached the user, it's out of
Interchange's control.

But you could have Interchange detect the user's browser, look at a message
I posted awhile ago, now archived at:

http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg03880.html

--
Jeff Carnahan - jcarnahan@networq.com