[ic] [*-increment]

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 3 19:24:00 2001

Why not create a scratch variable? Like this:

[seti counter]0[/seti]

[loop]

  *** your loop code ***
  [seti counter][calc interpolate="1"][scratch counter]+1[/calc][/seti]

[/loop]

That way you can set what number is starts at, add a number each time,
subtract a number...or five if you want. Much better than complicating an
Interchange tag with more properties.

ciao

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Victor
Nolton
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 7:14 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: [ic] [*-increment]

I was curious if there is or will be a such thing as
[*-increment n] where n is a value to start incrementing from. I
guess there could be a other attribute to go up or down.

I need a [loop-increment] to start with 0 and go up.
I know there are other tags that use can have a value in the tag.

Just some rambling
[*-increment start="0" arg="f"] going forward from 0
[*-increment start="0" arg="r"] going reverse from 0
Maybe other options like.
Count the number to jump each time
[*-increment start="0" arg="f" count="2"] going forward from 0
counting by 2 (0,2,4,6,8)
  and I guess there could be a "stop" etc..

I've seen nothing in the archives on this. maybe I missed it.

Ven