[ic] [value] works for some but not all

Donald Lin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 5 14:17:01 2001

Hello all. I am trying to get the [value] tag to work. From my
understanding, as long as a pass a value from a form it will be stored in
[value field_name]. I have tried this but it doesn't seem to work. However,
when I try and access [value fname], fname coming from the database, it does
work. Why is this so? Am I doing something wrong? I have included my code
below. Thanks!

Don

##form page that submits the email address
Please tell all your friends about us. You can do so here by typing in an
email address of a friend you want to tell<br>
<form action="[area thanks]">
<input type=text name=email><br>
<input type=hidden name=friend value="hi">
<input type=submit value="Submit">
</form>

##page that takes email and sends info to email address
Thank you [value friend]        <!-- DOES NOT WORK -->
[value fname]        <!-- DOES WORK -->
[email]   <!-- usertag  -->
[perl]
my $email = $Values->{friend};          ###using perl also does not work
return "email is after tgus  $email";
[/perl]