[ic] how to rename construct catalog to

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 5 18:30:00 2001

On  5 Jul, Joachim Leidinger wrote:

> grep [catalog-path]/foundation and [interchange-path]/... and let grep
> searching for the wrong word store. It seems to me, catalog.cfg and/or
> interchange.cfg is not set right.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Joachim

I did.

I have looked thru both cfg files and found nothing except the
references to the test_foundation database and the foundation theme.
(which I didn't think would be *the* problem.  I went so far as to fire
up mysql and select * from all the tables and started looking for paths
there.  catalog.cfg has no absolute paths in it.  It gets them from ...
somewhere.

I did a dumpconfig on the newly copied 'store' and looked for paths
there.  Nope!  It all looked right.

I deleted the cookie from IE5, that didn't help.

Q: where does /cgi-bin/<interchange binary> pull the variables from?????

I have looked all thru the ~/catalog/<store> and interchange.cfg files
and seen bits and pieces of this info... but nothing that says: here is
the server name, here is the cgi_url, here is the magic place you change
one line and then you can go to bed and not have to stay up all night.

I realize the learning curve in interchange is somewhat steep.
Just not.. hidden.

--
Dave

Dave Helton, KD0YU    - dave@realworldcomputing.net  - http://www.kd0yu.com
Real World Computing  - 319-386-4041                 - 8am-5pm CST
Linux/Novell/NT | Servers/Workstations | Consulting | Internet Technologies
'SYN! .. SYN|ACK! .. ACK!' - the mating call of the internet