[ic] how to rename construct catalog to

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 5 19:13:01 2001

At 05:33 PM 7/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>On  5 Jul, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> >
> > grep [catalog-path]/foundation and [interchange-path]/... and let grep
> > searching for the wrong word store. It seems to me, catalog.cfg and/or
> > interchange.cfg is not set right.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Joachim
> >

>I did.
>
>I have looked thru both cfg files and found nothing except the
>references to the test_foundation database and the foundation theme.
>(which I didn't think would be *the* problem.  I went so far as to fire
>up mysql and select * from all the tables and started looking for paths
>there.  catalog.cfg has no absolute paths in it.  It gets them from ...
>somewhere.
>
>I did a dumpconfig on the newly copied 'store' and looked for paths
>there.  Nope!  It all looked right.
>
>I deleted the cookie from IE5, that didn't help.
>
>Q: where does /cgi-bin/<interchange binary> pull the variables from?????
>
>I have looked all thru the ~/catalog/<store> and interchange.cfg files
>and seen bits and pieces of this info... but nothing that says: here is
>the server name, here is the cgi_url, here is the magic place you change
>one line and then you can go to bed and not have to stay up all night.
>
>I realize the learning curve in interchange is somewhat steep.
>Just not.. hidden.

I didn't mention one subtle detail.  :-)  Use the Admin interface, go to
Administration->Knar.  You should find CGI_URL there, which is actually
resident within products/variable.gdbm (where Knar modifies it).

You can override the above by putting CGI_URL   /cgi-bin/blah_blah in your
catalog.cfg, which is what I was referring to.  Enjoy!

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com