[ic] how to rename construct catalog to

Mark Johnson interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 08:33:00 2001

Dan B wrote:

> Because the actual data is in variable.gdbm, variable.txt is just the
> initial input values that IC uses at startup time (unless you have
> NO_IMPORT set).  I think IC periodically (on startup?) outputs values from
> the database (.gdbm) to the .txt -- but I forget.

The GDBM *should* sync w/ the text file any time a change is made to the
text file. However, the stored configuation of the catalog itself (all
the VAR's) does not update unless a reconfig or restart is triggered.

That said, I still always rm the gdbm file after making a change to
variable.txt before the restart :)