[ic] Bad GlobalSub

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 14:11:01 2001

Quoting Richard Eicher II (winward1@yahoo.com):
> lol This just keeps getting better. Note there
> will be some line breaks in the wrong place.
>
> Ok Here is what I get when I run ./self_test.sh:
>
> [root@nemisis /root]# ./self_test.sh
> /usr/lib/interchange/eg/globalsub/linkpt
>
>  Global Sub passed
>
> Here is what I get when I try to restart:
>

> bash-2.04$ ./restart
> The Interchange server was not running
> (//usr/lib/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI....
> ...UI is loaded....
> Bad GlobalSub 'linkpt'
> In line 84 of the configuration file
> '/usr/lib/interchange/eg/globalsub/linkpt':
> GlobalSub <<EOF
>
> Bad GlobalSub 'linkpt'

If your code doesn't pass a syntax check, it has no chance at all
of working.  When I run the code through "perl -wc" I get:

syntax error at - line 87, near "."
Missing right curly or square bracket at - line 90, at end of line
- had compilation errors.

Why has no one thought of this?

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and
then success is sure." -- Mark Twain