[ic] installing perl mods without root in username?

Tammy interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 7 15:27:00 2001

Tried to install manually, did not work,
now trying the rpm file.

I am installing the rpm file into
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/username/interchange

I installed the perl mods by creating the 'installopts' file as instructed
in the "installing perl mods without root access instructions"
in the 'installopts' file the paths are as follows:

 PREFIX=~/usr/local \
  INSTALLPRIVLIB=~/usr/local/lib/perl5 \
  INSTALLSCRIPT=~/usr/local/bin \
  INSTALLSITELIB=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl \
  INSTALLBIN=~/usr/local/bin \
  INSTALLMAN1DIR=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/man \
  INSTALLMAN3DIR=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/man/man3

NOW
1) where do I place the rpm file prior to install, Does it matter?

2) when I instruct the rpm file to install, how will it find these mods?
should these mods be in the same dir as the interchange software,

I am asking this, because, when I did a manual install, I placed the perl
mods as above, but tried to install the interchange software to
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/username/interchange
once complete, the interchange software said that I had to install the perl
mods, but I already had.

So basically I am asking, do the mods have to be in the base dir as the
software, being,
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/username/interchange

maybe this is where I am having the problems.

Thanks in advance??
Tammy
tamelist@ripandrevmedia.ca