[ic] hardware for Interchange

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun Jul 8 10:05:00 2001

Hi Scott,

  If I were making this decision, (notice the wording there ;-)
This is a 1U box, not much room for a backup device, and I like
backups.  I would put in a second drive, partition it for install
archives and daily cron backups.  Throw any money left at memory.

  256Mb-PC133 can be had for $50 USD now.  If this is a mission
critical box... a dual redundant PS or spare PS would be good.  Do you
have a UPS backup on site?

  Murphy is lurking everywhere.

--Dave

On  6 Jul, Scott Lewis wrote:

> That leaves $300-800 to soup it up for Interchange. How would you
> prioritize these possiblities (in terms of performance increase/$):
>
> Scott Lewis
>
> scott001@balticave.com

I come from the net....  I search through systems, people,
and cities to find this place... mainframe, my home.
My format: Guardian, to mend and defend.
Reboot!

Dave Helton, KD0YU    - dave@realworldcomputing.net  - http://www.kd0yu.com
Real World Computing  - 319-386-4041                 - 8am-5pm CST
Linux/Novell/NT | Servers/Workstations | Consulting | Internet Technologies
'SYN! .. SYN|ACK! .. ACK!' - the mating call of the internet