[ic] email receipts to customers

Richard Seymour interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 9 14:03:01 2001

I know this has to be a simple question, but I've scoured all the docs I
can find and am still looking for the correct docs.

I'm setting up a very simple site based on the online tutorial. (I've
added some forms and stuff.) All works well, but now I am trying to send
an email confirmation to the customer. Email itself is working, because
I am getting orders emailed to me.

I've looked at the construct demo, and I've found refences to
etc/mail_receipt. So I have a test file in etc/mail_receipt and copied
the "Route copy_user" stuff into my catalog.cfg. What configuration
changes do I need to make to enable sending even a "Hello World" kind of
test to the customer?

If there's a FAQ or other help doc that explains how to do this, my
apologies, and please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

My catalog.cfg:
===============
# Database  name  filename  format
Database  products  products.txt  TAB
ProductFiles  products
VendURL  http://localhost/cgi-bin/foo
SecureURL  http://localhost/cgi-bin/foo
MailOrderTo foo@bar.com
OrderProfile etc/profiles.order
OrderCounter etc/order.number

# currency settings
Locale en_US currency_symbol $
Locale en_US p_cs_precedes 1
Locale en_US mon_thousands_sep ,
Locale en_US mon_decimal_point .

# variables
Variable CONTACT_EMAIL bar@baz.com
Variable DISPLAYDATE [tag time]%A, %B %d, %Y[/tag]

# includes
Variable TOP    [include templates/top]
Variable BOTTOM [include templates/bottom]

SpecialPage catalog index

Route copy_user   attach          0
Route copy_user   cybermode       ""
Route copy_user   empty           1
Route copy_user   encrypt         0
Route copy_user   increment       0
Route copy_user   report          etc/mail_receipt
Route copy_user   supplant        0
Route copy_user   track           logs/log

--
Richard Seymour : Anarchy Software, Inc.