[ic] SQL::statement & Safe::Hole

Scott Fletcher interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 9 17:04:00 2001

Well, I did say that hte error message said it can't install the
SQL::Statement and it didn't say anything else.  I have a question!  The
error message only said that it can't install the SQL::Statement and no
other comments.  So, what am I suppose to say?  "The error message didn't
say anything else?".  That was at it's step when it failed.  So, what other
detail was I suppose to say?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Cook [mailto:kyle@invisio.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 4:31 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: RE: [ic] SQL::statement & Safe::Hole

At 12:57 PM 7/9/01, you wrote:
>Well, I downloaded the SQL::Statement package and decompressed it.  It have
>the README file but it is an all blank file!  So, the instruction I saw on
>the CPAN website said to do something like ....
>
>         1) perl -MCPAN -e shell
>         2) install SQL::Statement .......
>
>Stuff like that and it doesn't work so I have no idea what I should be
>doing!  I'm just a Perl newbie!

"It doesn't work" gives us NOTHING to go on.....

Do you mean the install failed? (at what step)

Do you get errors and if so what are they?

You must give some details to expect anything other than
general help like "go read books on Unix and perl".

Also are you installing on Linux, FreeBSD, Windows :-( , etc
and what version may help.

Latter,

Kyle