[ic] Multi catalog IC setups

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 11 12:13:01 2001

Quoting interch (interch@web3.valley-internet.com):

> I am trying to anticipate possible problems when scaling IC to handle
> anywhere from 1000 to 50,000 catalogs.  We have a fairly robust load
> balancing system in place now but any particular issues I may want to be
> aware of?

1000 catalogs is not really viable in one daemon -- each one takes
quite a bit of memory.  I have run systems with 2000 SubCatalog entries,
but those take a lot less memory.

The way to do this is to dynamically load the catalog configuration from
a database via means of an Autoload using a GlobalSub -- I have posted
on this many times. You define one template catalog, then modify the
configuration based on entries in a database.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino