[ic] Free Shipping and Shipping.asc file

Sheamus Nulty interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 11 13:41:00 2001

From: "Mike Heins" <mikeh@minivend.com>
To: <interchange-users@developer.akopia.com>
Sent: 11 July 2001 12:52
Subject: Re: [ic] Free Shipping and Shipping.asc file

> Quoting Sheamus Nulty (snulty@celticlinks.com):
> > I'm setting up free shipping for certain products we are selling and I'm
> > running into problems. My first shipping method "usshipping" is based on
> > price. So I have created a usertag that will calculate the total
shipping
> > price for my basket while removing items that have been marked as Free
> > Shipping. So I put the following in my shipping.asc file
> >
> > usshipping    US Standard    [shipping-subtotal]    0    0    0.00
> > usshipping    US Standard    [shipping-subtotal]    0    200    8.00
> >
> [snip]
> > Is there a way to circumvent Interchange from thinking that a subtotal
of
> > zero means it should report an error and when the shipping cost is zero
it
> > should still return the shipping method. I'm currently using 4.7.5
> >

> Add in the options field (eight field, place two tabs after the cost)
>
> { free => 'Free!' }

Mike,

Is there any other option that would also give the cost of shipping in the
shipping method i.e. normally I would see the following for my shipping
method US Standard(USD $8.00). When I add the { free => 'Free!'} to the
first line of this method I now only get US Standard(). Its just that I will
be adding an express option and it would good to have the express shipping
price shown without having to select  US Express() and have the page reload
to view the price.

Thanks

Sheamus