[ic] Can't change ENCRYPTOR

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 14 08:18:01 2001

Quoting Michael Michaelsen (michaelsen@spacey.net):
> I am trying to enter the line "/usr/local/bin/pgp -feat __ORDERS_TO__" as the
> ENCRYPTOR variable in Administration/knar in version 4.7.5.  When I click OK
> to update it gives me this message: Sorry, the page (admin/preferences
> Variable) was not found
>
> Does anyone know what this means?

This is a defect in icmenu.txt, since fixed.

> Is this the only place I have to make changes to enable PGP?
> I have made the other configurations in the wizard and imported my PGP key.

Depends on your PGP version.

Actually, encryption is quite a bit improved in the latest CVS (I don't know
if it is in 4.7.5). All you have to do is set:

EncryptProgram pgp
EncryptKey     __ORDERS_TO__

It does automatic parameter handling for gpg, pgpe, and pgp. If you don't
set EncryptProgram, It autodetects your encryption program in that order,
preferring GPG and falling back to the other types. It automatically saves
errors to a file in ScratchDir (tmp).

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous