[ic] Possible bug with [query]

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 16 16:13:02 2001

Quoting interch (interch@web3.valley-internet.com):

> Hmmm this might possibly be a bug, since I can't see how it should do this
> regardless of whether I have the query right or not.  Ic version 4.7.6
> from cvs on 7/14.
>
> Here is the code:
>
> [tag flag write]country[/tag]
>

> [query sql="update country set shipmodes = 'TEST' where code =
> 'US'" table=country]
> [/query]
> [export country]
>
> Here is the line in the database (default dbm) for code US.  I have the
> type set to PIPE in country.dbm.
>
> US|0||US|GNDRES FEG 1DA|United States|USA|840
>

> After running the query the line above is not changed, but at the end of
> country.txt this line has been inserted:

This must be a GDBM type, works fine on MySQL and Pg. Yup, that is it.
I don't think I have looked at the GDBM update stuff since MV3.15, so
it is not surprising that it doesn't work.

You must be exporting the database somewhere, because it won't write
the text file unless you do.

I will log it into Bugzilla.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock