[ic] Layout Editor confusion

Greg Cheak interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 17 09:52:01 2001

I'm working with the Layout Editor using the Construct demo as a base. I
have loaded a short list of my products into the demo and now need to
update the left navigation bar with the new categories for those items
as well as assign items to those categories. I've successfully created a
couple of categories but others fail to appear using the same method.
After several hours of study, trial and error I've concluded that I am
totally confused with the operation of the Layout Editor. With no
written procedure (that I can find), I'm am left here to ask for some
assistance.

An example:

I have a Parent category named Figurines. There are sub categories under
this one named Wildlife, Angels and Fantasy.

Figurines
	- Wildlife
	- Angels
	- Fantasy

What is the proper procedure in Layout Editor for creating nested
categories?

Are the categories actually created in the Layout Editor, or are they
created elsewhere and assigned there?

In what are are the products assigned to categories? I've edited the
products table driectly, but is this the proper method?

Thanks in advance for any help.

G. Cheak