[ic] Select loop question

Brian Kosick interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 17 16:54:00 2001

Hello again,

	The DB that I'm working on is a plant store.  They have plants that are
sold either individually or in groups.  As in depending on the plant, when
they order 1 item, it could come with 1,2,3 or more plants in the package,
depending on how they decide to charge for them.  I'm trying to create a
select pull down that has the option value pairs based on these
groupings.  I found the select loop code:

<SELECT NAME="mv_order_quantity">
[loop list="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" option="mv_order_quantity"]
<OPTION> [loop-code]
[/loop]
</SELECT>

This works great except that I would like to multiply the TEXT (not value)
of the option to match the quantity of the groups.

If the plant is sold in a group of three, the select box would read
3,6,9,12,15, etc and the option values still are 1,2,3,4,5, etc

perhaps something like:

<SELECT NAME="mv_order_quantity">
[loop list="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" option="mv_order_quantity"]
<OPTION> [loop-code] * [item-field qty]
[/loop]
</SELECT>

Is the above possible?  Or am I going to have to break out perl?

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000