[ic] Interchange database

Rene Hertell interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 02:32:01 2001

> e.g. I have a table with products with a field that contain producer
> ID and another table with the producer's data.
> They must been in relation to write the producer data and all
> products of that producer on a page when searching for him.

This is a normal query where you use the producers id as the search key in the
product database. You specify the search field with se=producer_id. Check out
the  docs from here:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icdatabase_21.html or look at the
construct demo and the category-searches (left side links...)

> Can I add a table?
Yes you can

> And how can I make the relation?
Create the producer_id table and add a producer_id field in the product table
and fill it out with valid producer id:s