[ic] text to gdbm

Russ Riggs interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 15:10:01 2001

Not only that....you can simply use the unix command 'touch' to
change the date on the .txt file to be newer than the gdbm file
and it will be rebuilt...without any human intervention.  This is
horrendously disk intensive as one has to assume that on every
access to the gdbm files something has to check each and
every file queried to see if it needs to be rebuilt...and is rebuilt
if necessary.  If you have 50,000 products in your products
.txt file and it is changed often then plan on getting *very*
fast disks.