[ic] Possible Shipping bug?

Dan Browning interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 16:29:03 2001

At 02:23 PM 7/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Quoting Brian Kosick (briank@nacs.net):
> > Hello all, I believe that I might have found a bug or two in 4.7.5.  This
> > is all through the web based Admin UI.  In the Shipping area go to "Create
> > new method"  I selected "based on price" and proceed to create the new
> data
> > tables.  Here lies the first.
> >
> > 1)  The + icon to add a new line doesn't work.  when you click on it, it
> > assumes UPS ground instead of you're newly created method.  You have to
> > click finish. go back to main shipping section, select your method and
> then
> > you're able to edit the data types.
> >
> > 2)  upon "applying changes" the shipping.asc file gets about 12MB worth of
> > "\" (backslashes) placed in it.
>
>I have never been able to duplicate this myself, and no one has ever filed
>a bug report on it. But I have seen several reports of this, so it must
>exist. Until I can duplicate it, I don't know how to fix it. 8-(

I know your not supposed to post "me too" posts, but I've seen this too
when editing shipping stuff in the UI.  I thought about going through the
whole debug rigamarole to find out exactly which sequence of UI events
caused it, but instead I wrote my own shipping.asc; which, by the way, was
much too easy.  Mike, you've got a way of putting the cookies on the lower
shelf, I must admit.

Any debug volunteers?

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com