[ic] MS SQL & Interchange

Neil Lunn interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 23:29:01 2001

Which is largely the point of DBI for perl and thus Interchange. So a round
up of the options should be FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase, a commercial driver &
Proxy combination via ODBC, or even perhaps using DBD::Proxy and proxy
server that ship with your DBI installation and either ODBC or ADO
connection with the proxy server.

I guess you could have something like this in catalog.cfg

#Variable    SOMESQL         1
#Variable    MYSQL
#Variable    PGSQL
#Variable    ORACLE
#Variable    SQLDSN
dbi:Proxy:hostname=myhost;port=6969:dsn=dbi:ODBC:mssqldsn

Try looking at 'perldoc dbiproxy' for more information.

--Neil

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.