[ic] Hide "out of stock" items from search

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 19 12:34:01 2001

At 11:01 PM 07/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Jim Balcom wrote:

> on the
> >
> > In the inventory section, I enter a quantity of 100000000
> >
> > Once in a while, when I am closing something out I use that to keep
> > people from ordering something that is all gone, or ordering more than
> > is left.
>
>I don't know how its done now but I used a simple routine that would
>simply not display anythign with a quanity of zero. I also did some
>hackery that prevented people from ordering more items than existed at
>that time. If they did then their order woudl be reduced and a warning
>displayed.
>
>It wasn't really that hard. Its just a matter of some [if]s and a couple

Another way is to add a few terms to a coordinated search of products:

sf=iventory:quantity
se=1
op=>=
nu=1

But to do this, you need to go into the Design editor in the UI, and change
the searches for Categories (and/or Areas, if any of those links are
searches) to complex searches, and write your own search terms.  You'll
also need to add the search terms to the
yourcat/templates/components/search_box_* files.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax