[ic] What the heck is wrong with my loop code?

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 19 21:26:03 2001

Quoting Jason Osborne (jason@sohonetworks.cc):
> I've been messing with this for the past five hours and i can't get it to
> work at all. I'm trying to add a sales rep drop down box on the checkout
> page. I created a sql table called rep that contains a code and selector
> which is the first, middle, and last initial of a persons name, a
> first_name, middle_name, last_name, and full_name field. For some reason it
> won't pull any of this data out of the sql table but also reports no error.
> What am I doing wrong here. According to
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icdatabase_28.html, I have all
> the right tags setup.
>
> <SELECT NAME=mv_salesrep>
> [loop search="
>  ra=yes
>  fi=rep
>  st=sql
>  rf=code,full_name
>  ml=1000
>  tf=full_name
> "]
>   <OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]"> [loop-data rep full_name]
> [/loop]
> </SELECT>

That would work as long as the "rep" table is defined as an
Interchange database. If it is just an SQL table in the same
DB as products, you should see an error log entry showing that
it is not an interchange table. [query ...] would work in that
case.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer