[ic] more-list, search, and discount questions

Brian Kosick interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 15:54:00 2001

Hello,

	I have a few questions

1)  With the more list, I would like to be able to organize it
alphabetically, instead of numerically.  As in the first page would contain
all the products that start with an A, and the more list would display
something like "A B C D E F G H I J K L ....Next"  Is this possible?

2)  I have a search in which I'm trying to display all the products that
have a value  less than 100 in the "disc" field.  Here's my code:
	<A HREF="[area search="
	         st=db
                 fi=products
                 sf=disc
                 se=100
                 op=<
                 nu=1
		"]">Specials</a>

The problem is this search returns everything exactly the opposite of what
it should.  As in it returns everything that is equal to 100 (There are no
values greater than 100 in the db)

3)  I'm having lots of problems with the discount tag.  I have the
following code on my results page:

         [if data products::disc::[item-code] < 100]
           [discount [item-code]] [item-field price] * .[item-field
disc][/discount]	        [item-field qty] for <font color="red">
                         [currency][calc]
			    [item-field price] * .[item-field disc]
			[/calc][/currency]

		[comment]
			[item-discount]
		[/comment]
                 </Font>
         [else]
                 [item-field qty] for [item-price]
         [/else]
         [/if]

The reason I did it this is because nothing has been placed in the basket so
	[item-list]
		[item-discount]
	[/item-list]
won't work.  All I want to do is display the discounted price if that item
is discounted.  Am I missing something?  It seems absurd not to be able to
just use the [item-discount] tag.

4)  On the checkout page, where your basket is re-displayed, items with a
discounted price show up fine under the (singular) price column, but the
Extention column is doing its math with the original price.  I tried this
piece of code.

	[if [discount]]  (Also tried to test for [discount-price], [item-discount])
		[discount_subtotal]
	[else]
		[item-subtotal]
	[/else]
	[/if]

How do I test to see if an items discounted?

4b)  Also when I increment a discounted items quantity and hit recalculate,
the cart subtotal [subtotal] doesn't change. (It still thinks that it only
has 1 item) Though it uses the discount price for that one instance.

[if [item-field frustration_level] >= 8]
	[drink_beer]
		[for each beer]
			[calc]
				[item-field frustration_level] - 1