[ic] too many cookies?

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 16:34:00 2001

Hi, I am having a strange problem with cookies.

I am trying to set a bunch of cookies to remember user information, but I
get some kind of session failure (all scratch variables are reset, and the
customer is returned to the beginning)

I am setting them like this:

  [set_cookie name="fname" value="[value fname]"]
  [set_cookie name="address1" value="[value address1]"]
  [set_cookie name="address2" value="[value address2]"]
  [set_cookie name="city" value="[value city]"]
  [set_cookie name="zip" value="[value name=zip filter=word]"]

etc… After 7 cookies I get the session failure problem. Cookie number 8 will
cause the failure (I’m assuming it’s a session failure). There is nothing in
either error.log file to indicate what is happening.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I read the docs about cookies, but
couldn’t find anything about limits.

Thx.