[ic] [ic4.7.6]warning messages during install/startup

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 24 23:55:01 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:55:39PM -0400, cfm@maine.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 07:34:11PM -0700, Peter Yoo wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm running Interchange on Sun Ultra2 running Solaris8 and I get these
> > messages when I install and run/restart.
> >
> > Name "Vend::CookieName" used only once: possible typo at blib/script/interchange line 1835, <DATA> line 1.
>
> Add this at the tail of ic for each variable referenced just once.
> $Vend::CookieName=1;

Or, to do it the right way, rather than the ugly hack way, at the top of the
script add:

use vars qw/$Vend::CookieName $Vend::OtherVar .../;

to tell perl about the variables you are using that are only used once, you
can also safely ignore these warnings if you want, they are just perl 5.6.1
and its new and improved error detection, older versions of perl didn't
correctly detect variables only used once if they were in a different package.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect