[ic] Proposed New Bug Submission Method...

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 25 11:27:00 2001

John Beima <jbeima@palb.com> writes:

> G'Day Doug,
>
> Actually Doug you kinda hit the nail on the head here... You
> mentioned it is Mike's code... That was true before... It is no
> longer Mike's code as of the day he sold it to Akopia, and then
> again when RedHat baught it... The code now belongs to RedHat
>
> Quoting Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net>:
>
> > I'm sorry you're not getting what you want; but, the bottom line is
> > that this is Mike's code.

Regardless of who actually ownes the copyright on the code Mike is
still project lead.  I don't know how much software development
experience you have.  But the way it works is that there's a project
lead.  The lead's decisions are final.

In the business world, if you don't like the lead's decisions you go
over their head.  In the open source world you fork.  You do what you
feel you have to do.  As for me (and many other's here), we like
Mike.  He's doing a find job of lead.  There's no reason to rock the
boat.

What you really should have done rather than just come to the list and
flame Mike is to discuss your proposal.  So far you have done nothing
to try and win the communities support for your proposal/patch.  Even
when someone else tried to bring in the details of your "bug" to the
list you've ignored them.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543