[ic] item w/ hash/pound flypage not found gotcha

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 05:38:23 2001

* Kyle Cook wrote on Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 23:59 -0700:
> Assume below that:
> [item-code]  = ABC#123
> I get an error page "ABC" not found.
>
> (the IC parser left the # in the link so I assume the browser only
> sent the first part up to the # and so of course IC could not find
> the item.....)

Even if the browser gets the whole string (which is propably the
case), it would load the first part, search for
<A NAME="secondpart"> and jump to it (#part is a HTML reference).

> I guess I'm not to expect the page tag to urlencode the href
> value correct?
> [page href="[filter urlencode][item-code][/filter]"]More info[/page]

Well, I guess it should be default to escape URLs. Same for "/"
and other things in a link...

oki,

Steffen