[ic] Adding a percentage to UPS lookups

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 08:12:01 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Jason Timm wrote:

JT>>I am trying to add 7% on to whatever comes back from a UPS lookup.  Reading
JT>>the archives, I see that in version 4.6.4 there may not be a way to do that
JT>>with internal UPS lookups.  That being the case, how do I use external
JT>>lookups?  I have tried through the UI but it seems to be buggy.  So, how
JT>>should I do it via the shipping.asc file directly?  Here is what it looks
JT>>like so far:
JT>>
JT>>-----
JT>>
JT>>upsb	UPS Two Day	weight	0	0	e Nothing to ship!		{'ui_ship_type' =>
JT>>"UPSI",'zone' => "450",'table' => "2ndDayAir",'ups' => "1",'adder' =>
JT>>"\@\@COST\@\@ * .07",'geo' => "zip",}

It looks like you left off the left curly brace at the beginning.
You also should have put parentheses around your 'adder' formula.
I'm not sure about your use of 'COST'. Maybe it's all right.

{'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'table' => "2ndDayAir",'zone' =>
"220",'ups' => "1",'at_least' => "5.50",'adder' => "(\@\@TOTAL\@\@ *
.25 ) .25 ) + 2.00",'geo' => "zip",}

This works very well for me for determining the cost based on weight
and zone.
It mandates a minimum shipping charge of $5.50, it adds on 25% of what
it found in the rate table for that weight to that zone, and then also
adds on a flat $2.00.

JT>>The "\@\@COST\@\@ * .07" is retty much useless in this scenario.  How would
JT>>I change this to add the 7% to the UPS 2 Day and Next Day options?

Yeah, without the parens, it gets confused.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 08:00 AM:
Disclaimer: Written by a highly caffeinated mammal.

This Linux System has been up 397 hours