[ic] Displaying multiple dynamic attributes

Martin Lee interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 09:40:04 2001

I have a number of products with multiple attributes, for example :
  Product A has attributes size, colour.
  Product B has attributes size.
  Product C has attributes colour.

I can display and set the relevant attributes on the order pages, but I cant
display the relevant
attributes on the basket.

I want to do something like this:
  [item-list]
  [item-code]
  [query list=1 sql="select distinct b.ATTRIBUTE_NAME from ATTRIBUTE b,
ATTRIBUTES_FOR_PRODUCT a where a.PRODUCT_ID=[item-code] and
a.ATTRIBUTE_ID=b.ATTRIBUTE_ID"]
  [list]
  [sql-code] : [item-modifier [sql-code]],
  [/list][/query]
  [/item-list]

But with this I get output :
  Product A size : [item-modifier size], colour :  [item-modifier colour]
  Product B size : [item-modifier size]
  Product C colour :  [item-modifier colour]

instead of :
  Product A size : big, colour :  blue
etc.

If at all possible, I want to avoid 'hard coding' the attributes into the
basket page, with something like :
  [if item-modifier size]size : [item-modifier size] [/if]
  [if item-modifier colour]colour : [item-modifier colour] [/if]
since the customer want to maintain their own list of attributes.

Any ideas ?

thanks
Martin