[ic] writing an XML dtd for IC tag structure

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 11:47:01 2001

It's too bad IC tags work and look the way they do.  It would be nice
if they were of the form '<tag attribute=value ...>'.  I say this
because it would be nice to be able to describe IC documents in terms
of an XML dtd.  I suspect that would make a good many editors more
happy with IC pages.

I'm not really that XML smart.  I don't know if the IC tags could be
adequately expressed in a dtd.  I suscpect they could for the most
part.

The main thing would probably be speed.  The interchange parser would
have to evaluate the tags more fully than it does now.  I mean, now it
only has to look for '[' instead of evaluate every '<tag' to see if
it's an IC tag.

The other thing, of course, is that IC would have to change the
doctype before sending it out to the web client.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543