[ic] Adding a percentage to UPS lookups - REVISED

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 18:32:00 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Jason Timm wrote:

JT>>Thank-you!  It was the missing parenthesis...  Unfortunately, after thinking
JT>>through it more, I want to add 7% of the order total to the shipping total,
JT>>NOT 7% of the UPS rate to the shipping total.  So, the new question is, can
JT>>I add an amount based on price to a method based on weight?
JT>>
JT>>Any takers?

Hopefull, someone will give you a better answer than this.

When I wanted to run a special sale with everything 25% off, someone
here gave me this piece of code:

[discount ENTIRE_ORDER]$s * .75[/discount]
[set order_discounted]0[/set]

I'm guessing that the $s is the order total. Does it carry over to the
shipping? I dunno.

It might be easier to inject into the sales tax and call it 'Jasons
Sales Tax' and collect it on all sales. Or, uniformly raise your prices
7%.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 18:30 PM:
"Knights are hardly worth the trouble! All that shell and so little meat!"

This Linux System has been up 407 hours