[ic] 4.7.7 install question

Chris Ebert interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 27 13:33:01 2001

hi,

This is my first time post here. i just found out about the project and
really liked it. I just successfully installed 4.6.5 and it works great. i
thought i would give 4.7.7(beta) a try. i know that it is not the most
stable but want to check it out.

Anyway, help would be appreciated. My problem is after the makecat program.
when i restart interchange with ./interchange -r i get the following info:

Killing Interchange server 1831 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at ./interchange line 2715
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.7.7
Configuring catalog foundation...Using default DBM database...done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 2746)

I have restarted in UNIX (1st) and INET (2nd) as manual suggested. I get an
error saying: "We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand. Please try
again soon."

is the problem stemming from "mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at
./interchange line 2715

are there any other ideas?

BTW, this is on a virtual server with dedicated IP to my domain and running
perl 5.005_03 and all CPAN modules running
If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Chris Ebert
Account Manager

Flibberteygibbit--Dallas        Phone: 800-431-1455
2331 North Davis, Suite A       Fax: 800-431-1445
Arlington, TX 76012-4158        Email: cebert@flibberteygibbit.com