[ic] Possible <textarea> bug in admin UI 4.7.7

Kyle Cook interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 27 22:51:00 2001

At 02:29 PM 7/27/01, you wrote:
>I just want to let people know that I can reproduce this on any page on my
>site.  I have a form that has a text area tag
>
><textarea rows="4" name="Questions" cols="60" wrap="VIRTUAL"></textarea>
>
>When editing this through the UI, it doesn't display anything after the
><textarea rows="4" name="Questions" cols="60" wrap="VIRTUAL"> tag.
>
>take out the </textarea> everything shows up again.
>
>Tchuss!
>Brian Kosick
>Web Programmer
>New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
>216-619-2000
>briank@nacs.net

Brian,

Hmmm, tough one. The only patch that comes to mind is
something like filtering the display value of the page
through something like:

=~ s/<\/textarea>/<\/CLOSING TEXTAREA>/gi;

(add the usuall checking for spaces in the tag etc....)

Then you MUST reverse filter the submitted form to replace the tag like:

=~ s/<\/CLOSING TEXTAREA>/<\/textarea>/gi;

The only other choice is too make a User/Global Tag that would allow you to
use:

[textarea arg="rows=4 name=Questions cols=60 wrap=VIRTUAL"]
[value Questions]
[/textarea]

to output what you need when parsed, then when viewed IN a textarea field,
there won't be a problem..... you'll see the above tag.

Kyle Cook