[ic] %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS error in 4.7.7 under Debian

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 28 10:44:00 2001

Dave Barr <barrd@mac.com> writes:

> (IC 4.7.7, Debian 2.2-17, MySQL 3.22, Perl 5.005-03)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with the 4.7.7 distribution in so much
> as the following error occurs at start up:
>
> <SNIP>
> evad:/usr/# su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" cricshop
> Killing Interchange server 22438 with TERM.
> Low traffic settings.
> "mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/local/interchange
> /bin/interchange line 2715

AFAIK this error is totally harmless and due to Perl 5.005.

> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.7.7
> Configuring catalog 477...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:test_477...done.
> Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 22534)
> Continuing in UNIX MODE ONLY
> </SNIP>
>
> This is not duplicated in either of the two error logs and appears to
> kill Scratch variables. This may or indeed may not be related...?
>
> When a user first logs into my site I assign a number of Scratch vars
> which dictate which "mode" the shop should run in dependant on "source"
> This is not happening as the Scratch vars are not being assigned. This
> works fine under 4.6.5.

I think these are other problems, I suggest to post a relevant
code fragment.

> Another problem occurs when I choose to go to checkout, the following
> error appears in the catalog error log:
>
> <SNIP>
> [28/July/2001:11:43:21 +0100] - - hammered PID 22475 running 300 seconds
> </SNIP>
>
> Both I'm afraid are a bit of a "show stopper" for me ...  is anyone else
> running under Debian experiencing the same problems?

No.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices