[ic] What access permissions are required to upload images

Randy Clapp interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 1 14:29:00 2001

All,

Can someone point me to any detailed documentation about the access table,
and what values are used in it?  Or can anyone help with the error below?

I'm trying to create an administrative login that can add/edit products,
orders, and customer records without giving the user superuser access.  I've
been able to accomplish that with the exception of having the merchandising
table still appear and not being able to upload images.  I'm running
interchange 4.6.

On the images front, my current error is "The following error occurred: Not
authorized to upload file images/items/[image name if present, or blank if
not currently assigned].  Please correct and try again.   Maybe you need to
log in?"

This is farther than a couple of days ago since I noticed a post in the
archives that you needed to enter in a wildcard in the files column of the
access table.  Before that, I was receiving an "Error: Sorry, no permission
for page files".  So I think I'm on the right track, but I'm just not at the
crest.

Additionally, if anyone has any insight on how to allow someone access to
the items table without giving them access to merchandising I would also
appreciate it.  It seems that in the UI has the two tables linked.

Thanks,
Randy