[ic] Auto Restart when IC server is down

Tim Watts interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun Jun 3 12:41:00 2001

I'd like to modify the code (ic 4.7.6) in the cgi link file so that if the
ic server is down it will restart automatically rather than just presenting
a message. It goes down at least once a week when my provider does backup or
something. I tried opening it in my text editor but was just scrambled. Any
way to easily modify this without a C compiler on my local machine (Mac OS
8.6) Can it be done through telnet with unix commands? If so please advise,
thanks. (I'm OK on basic stuff but not a unix wizard)

Tim Watts
www.Romans1013.net