[ic] WorldPay Integration

Nigel Titley <nigel.titley> interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 4 06:38:01 2001

Stephane Audit wrote:

> Hi there list.
>
> I was wondering if anyone ever integrated WorldPay (http://www.worldpay.com)
> services into interchange.

I'm in the process of trying to do this. It looks like it should be possible
without too much trouble. Unfortunately I'm flat on my back at the moment and
can't find room on the sofa for the laptop, the Worldpay manual and the
half-dozen Interchange manuals at the same time.

> There are also a few questions I'd appreciate if someone could answer:
>
> Background:
>
> WorldPay requires the checkout page to send a POST request containing a few
> variables (and optionnaly some information). Then it will use the specified
> callback (cgi script I suppose) and send back the user variables and the
> transaction confirmation/refusal.
>
> First is it possible to communicate with interchange to accept the
> transaction after a succesfull credit card verification. I know the usual
> way is a build-in function but this is not a server that one communicates
> with. They actually host the credit card input and results pages.
>
> Also, if there's a way, where should I look?
>
> Finally, by doing that am I saying goodbye to interchanges order processing
> (admin UI)?

I think all of this should be possible. Perhaps we can pool ideas and then make
our findings available.