[ic] Asterisk(*), and selected item needed in select menu

Tim Watts interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 5 03:37:01 2001

I am presently setting up a store in which the owner uses an asterisk(*) to
identify special order options in the options select pulldowns, specifically
musical keys for harmonicas. [ic] uses (*) to identify the selected item in
a comma sep list. Is there an easy way to escape this, or should I just talk
my client into using some other identifier.

The list looks like this: field name is key

,A,Bb*,C,F#

ideally the output would be:

<SELECT Name="mv_order_key">
    <OPTION Value="">           ##<-- blank is intentional
    <OPTION Value="A">A
    <OPTION Value="Bb*">Bb*
    <OPTION Value="C">C
    <OPTION Value="F#">F#
</SELECT>

but Bb becomes the selected, or it gets totally confused if there are more
than one of the keys with (*) Is there an easy way to escape this?

I'd also like to make the select_widget available for the buyer to make
choice in the item display, and the customers choice to be the selected
value when the select_widget appears in the cart and/or checkout, rather
than just having the select_widget appear in checkout only.

Thanks in advance for any specific code.

Tim Watts
president
Romans1013.net
Internet Hosting
Loaded with features:
FREE shopping cart!
UNLIMITED email!
No Monthly Fees - Just One Low Payment, One Time per Year!
Visit our web site for details:
www.Romans1013.net