[ic] Manipulating shipping total from ups lookup in 4.6.5

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 6 21:51:01 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> Hi All -
>
> Does anyone know any easy way to manipulate the shipping amount from a
> ups-style lookup after the fact (i.e. - subtract a fixed amount from the
> shipping, reduce it by a percentage, etc)?  Ideally I would like something
> like the [assign] tag in 4.7.x, but this particular cat is 4.6.5 and
> upgrading is not a good option right now.
>
> The shipping docs mention something about appending some calcs to the
> lookup with @@COST@@, but there are scant examples and I have not been able
> to get it to work. \

You can set the adder. The eighth field in a tab-separated line is the options
field, and it can be a hash reference. (The sixth field is the cost field,
so there needs to be a tab between that and the options field.) It can contain
something like:

	{  adder => '@@TOTAL@@ * .05' }

That will add 5% to the calculated cost.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown