[ic] different email by zip code?

Chris Rapier interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 08:59:00 2001

Mathieu Lagarde wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a customer who sales frozen meal.  Each part of the territory is
> deserve by a different and independent representative.
>
> So i want to know if it's possible to set interchange to be able to send
> the order to different email address depending of the zip code of the customer.

sure, embed some perl in the page that actually generates and sends the
email.
If the zipcodes are not contiguous using if/then statements is going to
be a pain in the ass.
Better to set up a hash keyed on the zipcode.

Then you'd only need to populate the hash and one line which says $email
= $hash{$zip}.

That would be one way to handle it...

Alternative solution:

Create a new table using the zipcode as the key for the one item in each
row, which would be the reps email address.

zip	email
15216	bob@foo.com
15219	bob@foo.com
15230	bob@foo.com
16728	biff@boff.com
16725	biff@boff.com

Then just do a table lookup in the page that generates the e-mail.

[seti rep-email][data table="zips" column="email" key="[value
zip]"][/seti]