[ic] Decimal calculation problem

Vagel interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 09:30:01 2001

Hello Mike,

I tried [calc] 100 * 1,5 [/calc] and it returns 5!

Regards
Vagel

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:49:22 -0400
From: Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Decimal calculation problem

Quoting Vagel (vagel@telaxion.com):
> Thank you for the answer Jason and Vlad.
>
> Unfortunatelly, I tried [calc]return(100*1.5);[/calc] but this still gave
me
> 100...
> Finally I worked it out by doing [calc]return(100*15/10);[/calc]  which of
> course is not a real solution but just sufficient untill to be ready to
try
> an upgrade to version 4.6.5 or 4.7 - not that simple having on line shops
> ;-)

I am guessing your problem has to do with the locale; try
[calc] 100 * 1,5 [/calc] and see if that works like you would normally
expect. Normally, Interchange should ignore locale in that situation, but
I don't pretend to understand all aspects of locales and how they can apply
in all situations. It is possible we are within the scope of a "use locale"
in some situations.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon