[ic] Bugs ?

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 09:51:00 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 06:07:24PM +0700, utomo wrote:
> I just found (but not look yet):
> The Cygwin project consists in porting the GNU tools and utilities for
> Windows 95, 98, and NT. The Cygwin library provides a UNIX-like API on top
> of the Win32 API.
> If you need more information , you can go to the cygwin site :
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
> Or I just remember wine, is that working Interchange+Wine+Win?.

Cygwin is (primarily) a compiler, since Interchange is written in perl
you don't really need a compiler to install it.  The fact is it would
probably be trivial to get Interchange running on windows since you can
get Perl for windows (http://www.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/)
and apache for windows
(http://www.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html), I just don't
know of anyone that has ever tried it.  Wine is completely backwards
from what you want, it lets you run windows applications under linux.
Maybe if I get bored in my copious free time I'll try it someday, but if
you really want Interchange for windows you have basically two options.
1) port it yourself
2) hire someone to port it for you

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect