[ic] interchange html4 validation problems

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 11:47:00 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:12:42AM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Murray Gibbins (Murray@scotweb.ltd.uk):
> >
> > Is there a way of turning it ( the "&mv_pc=3" ) off, and if not why is
> > interchange not providing
> > valid HTML4?
>
> If you can explain why that is not valid HTML4, perhaps then we can explain
> why it is generated that way. Until then, quit accusing.

The 4.0 spec says that urls of the type Interchange builds must encode the
ampersand, using ?mv_session_id=something&mv_pc=3 or & instead of
& because of the conflict with using & to indicate character entities.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2

They recommend the use of ; instead of &.  I've wanted to go through and
see what it would take to convert since back when I was using Minivend,
but never got the time to do it.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect