[ic] Problem with complex search in layout editor

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 15:28:01 2001

IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Steve, that did it. Now, anyone know why this happens?
After adding one or more complex searches in the layout editor for
categories, if you rename cat.txt, and then rename it back to cat.txt it
breaks the search. The only way I can make the complex search work is with
carriage returns after each variable, which seems to be normal, ie:

fi=products
st=text
se=Hammers
ml=25
tf=description

However, I can not export cat.txt and then import it back because it breaks
the search after import (or renaming cat.txt, as above), because of the
carriage returns (I believe). Is this normal and is there a workaround?

Thanks to you if you know and tell!

Curt Hauge