[ic] Problem with complex search in layout editor

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 15:58:01 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:31:21PM -0500, Curt Hauge wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Steve, that did it. Now, anyone know why this happens?
> After adding one or more complex searches in the layout editor for
> categories, if you rename cat.txt, and then rename it back to cat.txt it
> breaks the search. The only way I can make the complex search work is with
> carriage returns after each variable, which seems to be normal, ie:
>
> fi=products
> st=text
> se=Hammers
> ml=25
> tf=description
>
> However, I can not export cat.txt and then import it back because it breaks
> the search after import (or renaming cat.txt, as above), because of the
> carriage returns (I believe). Is this normal and is there a workaround?

Make sure you are using carriage returns (^M) and not new-lines if you are
editing the .txt file directly (if you are not editing it directly and just
exporting, then I would say you probably found a bug), you can also do complex
searches on one line like this:
fi=products/st=text/se=Hammers/ml=25/tf=description

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect