[ic] Re: [OT] RH service

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 19:48:00 2001

At 01:30 AM 6/8/2001 +0300, you wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, IC-Admin wrote:
> >

> > > I wished there were a service like this:
> > >
> > > A monthly floppy with all archived posts to this list, sent
> > > via USPS.
> > >
> > > BF
> > >

> > Or a .tar.gz file of the monthly archived posts on the ftp server
> > to download (file size not larger than what fits on a floppy) for
> > hermits who can't have internet access for more than five minutes
> > once a month. :-)
>
>I would suggest that you would request the posts by CPIP (specified in
>rfc1149)
>
>More detailed info can be found over here: http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/

And for those who require even lower latency connectivity, I recommend that
you look into the new Protocol by Microsoft:  "Second Generation PPTP",
called "TTDT".  Which is, of course, the "Throw The Darn Thing"
protocol.  (Borrowed heavily from the high tech "NFL" interface
cards).  It'll be in SP3 for Win2k.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com